Jenny McCarthy gets a VH1 talk show; Allison Janney faces 'The Big C'
- Jenny McCarthy is returning to television with a VH1 talk show. "The Jenny McCarthy Show" will be, the cable channel says, a celebration/skewering of pop culture that will feature celebrity interviews and guest panelists (so, kind of like "Chelsea Lately"). It's scheduled to premiere in the summer or fall. [ VH1]
- Emmy winner Allison Janney ("The West Wing") will guest-star on an episode of "The Big C" this season. She'll play a producer who wants to buy the rights to Cathy ( Laura Linney) and Paul's ( Oliver Platt) life story. The Showtime series begins its third season on April 8. [ Showtime]
- CBS is planning a new reality series called "3" that will follow "three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds" as they search for true love and support each other along the way. It's based on an Israeli format and will premiere this summer. [ CBS]
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette are still in business together, as the former couple has a new reality series, "Mile High," in development at Travel Channel. The show follows Arquette and his best friend, Mike McGuiness, as they travel spontaneously around the world. Also in the works at the network is "Aloha Gold," about a vacation tour company in Hawaii. Meanwhile, Travel will premiere "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" (self-explanatory) and "Toy Hunters" (about collector Jordan Hembrough) later this year. [ Travel Channel]
- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's Latin-music series "Q'Viva! The Chosen" has found an English-language network home. The show, which will also air in Spanish on Univision, will debut on FOX on Saturday, March 3 and run for six weeks. "Q'Viva!" will gather together Latin singers, dancers and musicians from across the Americas for a performance showcase. [ FOX]