Jerry Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison
Prior to hsi sentencing, Sandusky made several statements, continuing to say these charges against him are a massive conspiracy on the part of the victims.
PSU's Com Radio has the transcript of one statement:
My wife has been my only sex partner that was after marriage. Our love continues. A young man who was dramatic a veteran accuser, and always sought attention, started everything. He was joined by a well-orchestrated effort of the media, investigators, the system, Penn State, psychologists, civil attorneys and other accusers. They won. I've wondered what they really won: Attention, financial gain, prestige... will all be temporary. Before you blame me, as others have, look at everything and everybody. Look at the preparation for the trial and the trial. Compare it to others. Think about what happened. Why, and who made it happen? Evaluate the accusers and their families. Realize they didn't come out of isolation. The accusers were products of many more people and experiences than me. Look at their confidants and their honesty. Think about how easy it was for them to turn on me given the information, attention and potential perks. I never labeled or put down them or their families.
And NYDN Sports Twitter account has been tweeting live quotes from the sentencing hearing. Sandusky has been saying:
- "I am the victim of a widespread conspiracy. Evaluate the accusers."
- "They can make me out to be a monster, but they can't take away my heart."
- "I've been kissed by dogs, been bit by dogs. I've been me."
- "I've always smiled through the pain."
During his sentencing, Judge Cleland was quoted as saying:
- "It cannot be disputed you have done much positive work. It is the ultimate tragedy. You concealed vices that led to your downfall."
- "It's a story of betrayal. You abused the trust of those who trusted you."
- The fact that Sandusky continues to maintain innocence "makes you dangerous"
Sandusky is 68 years old and should spend his remaining days in prison. He will now be sent to the Camp Hill state prison to be assigned a security level risk.