Jimmy Kimmel tweeting from French Polynesia: 'We are evacuating the island'
Comedian and late night host Jimmy Kimmel is apparently vacationing in the South Pacific, as he is live-tweeting about the Japan earthquake and tsunami, the effects of which are far-reaching.
- Suddenly, relaxing on an island in the South Pacific isn't so relaxing anymore. Good thing I brought my aqua stilts.
- not kidding. that's where I am RT @mikeedoo Not funny.
- I wish I was joking RT @raphiellej There's a time and place for everything; this ain't it for that kind of "humor".
- I am on an island in French Polynesia, glued to CNN ...and I'll accept the apologies from everyone who called me an a****** and said "f*** you" in advance
- thanks to those who sent good wishes - this is crazy
- thanks again for the concern - I am now worried others will worry if I don't tweet - but if I don't, don't.
- nope, not yet RT @Stromboli83 you dead yet?
- a good solid 7. on a small island, with no high ground. RT @865Randy Randy No humor....scale of 1-10 how scared are you?
- we are evacuating the island. dogspeed.
The last tweet came in about 9:40 a.m. ET. We'll keep you posted if Kimmel tweets anything else today. We hope he and all the people evacuating in the South Pacific are going to be OK.
In case you were wondering, the French Polynesian islands are located about 6000 miles ESE of Japan and about 2600 miles south of Hawaii. The most famous islands in the group include Tahiti and Bora Bora, but there are around 130 islands total.