Justin Bieber is Twitter's most influential #neversaynever
Okay, maybe not the world, but the Twittersphere at least. The pop sensation tops Forbes list of the most influential Twitter celebrities based on his Klout score.
A play off the word "clout," Klout measures how influential a tweeter is online by measuring a number of factors: Your number of followers, how quickly and often someone will be retweeted, frequency of tweets and how influential the other people in your network are (i.e. if they're important, they boost your score).
Biebs comes in with a perfect score of 100 at press time. It's easy to see why. His @justinbieber account is very active, he gives information not only about his personal life but also his upcoming projects and concerts, has a slew of celebrity friends/followers and engages with his fans by responding to their tweets.
Bieber tops two Jonas brothers, President Barack Obama, the Dalai Lama and even Lady Gaga when it comes to Twitter influence.
Here's the Top 20 list with Twitter handles and Klout scores:
1. justinbieber 100 - Entertainer, hairstyle trendsetter
2. paulocoelho 96 - Author, lyricist
3. joejonas 92 - Entertainer (Jonas Brothers)
4. kanyewest 90.9 - Entertainer
5. DalaiLama 90.6 - Spiritual leader
6. nickjonas 90.1 - Entertainer (Jonas Brothers)
7. ladygaga 89.6 - Entertainer
8. ConanOBrien 89 - Entertainer
9. iamdiddy 88.9 - Entertainer
10. yelyahwilliams 88.8 - Entertainer (Paramore)
11. BarackObama 88.5 - U.S. President
12. KimKardashian 88.5 - Entertainer
13. Tyrese 87.9 - Entertainer
14. federicodevito 87.7 - Brazilian pop culture blogger for Capricho
15. joseserra_ 87.1 - Governor of Sao Paulo, Brazil
16. TheEllenShow 87.04 - Entertainer
17. AngelaSimmons 87 - Pastry shoes founder, daughter of Reverend Run (DMC)
18. katyperry 87 - Entertainer
19. ebertchicago 86.7 - Journalist/film critic
20. RickWarren 86.7 - California pastor