Kanye West's New York Times profile: His 10 most jaw-dropping quotes
While no one is questioning West's considerable achievements and talent, he speaks as if he's still on a mission to prove how incredible an artist he can be and complains about being called arrogant. (Hint: No one can call you arrogant if you're not, you know, arrogant.)
If you haven't had a chance to take a look at the article, we've gathered the 10 essential quotes you need to read. Without further ado:
10. "I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus."
9. "I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things."
8. "I would go up the escalator [at Virgin music stores] and say to myself, 'I'm soaking in these last moments of anonymity.' I knew I was going to make it this far."
7. "I don't know if this is statistically right, but I'm assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I haven't won one against a white person."
6. "The longer your 'gevity is, the more confidence you build. The idea of Kanye and vanity are like, synonymous."
RELATED: 'Yeezus' teaser video has Kanye West rapping 'I Am a God'
5. "Like, this is my baby. This isn't America's baby."
4. "I am in the lineage of Gil Scott-Heron, great activist-type artists. But I'm also in the lineage of a Miles Davis -- you know, that liked nice things also."
3. "You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, 'This is wrong.'"
2. "I've been connection to the most culturally important albums of the past four years, the most influential artists of the past ten years. You have like, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Anna Wintour, David Stern."
And, drumroll please...
1. "I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it's like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z."
Stay grounded, Ye. Stay grounded.