Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: 9 little- to well-known facts about the soon-to-be newlyweds
If you've been following the run-up to the ceremony, you've heard about the dress, and the first dance, and the fragrance, and endless other details. But we went a little further afield to give you these nuggets of information about the couple. Some you may already know, some you may not.
- This is Kim's second wedding. She was married to music producer Damon Thomas from 2000-04.
- Before focusing on basketball, Kris was a highly regarded youth swimmer, ranking as the top 10-year-old in the nation in several events.
- People is reportedly paying $1.5 million for exclusive photos from the wedding, which is taking place in Montecito, Calif., a ritzy community near Santa Barbara. Oprah Winfrey, Rob Lowe, Steve Martin and Jeff Bridges, among others, have homes there.
- In his lone season at the University of Minnesota, Kris became the first freshman to lead the Big Ten in both scoring and rebounding. The team, however, finished 12-18 for the season.
- Kim's Twitter followers outnumber Kris' by 8.9 million (9,185,272 to 269,991 as of this posting).
- Kim's single, "Jam (Turn It Up)," sold 14,000 digital downloads in its first week of release earlier this year. Paris Hilton's "Stars Are Blind," meanwhile moved 52,000 digital copies in its first week of release in 2006.
- Kris had his best NBA season in 2010-11, averaging 10 points and 10.4 rebounds per game. He ranked fifth in the league in RPG and second in the advanced metric of total rebound percentage.
- However, according to ESPN's Player Efficiency Ratings, Kris is only the second-best NBA player in the Kardashian extended family. Khloe Kardashian's husband, Lamar Odom, had a PER of 19.5 last season, while Kris' rating was 17.89.
- The couple is postponing a honeymoon. Filming on "Kim and Kourtney Take New York" starts later this month.