Kim Kardashian's wedding and other ways to spend $20 million
This seems like an awful lot considering that, according to Brides magazine, the average wedding cost in 2011 is only $26,501.
So we decided to see what else the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Kardashian -- because really, it seems more likely that he would change his name -- could have spent their money on instead....
- A 2012 Volkwagen Beetle (MSRP $18,995) for each of their reported 1,000 wedding guests.
- 700 pounds of gold, based on current price of $1,787 per ounce.
- One season's salary ($16 million) for Kim's one-time boyfriend, Real Madrid soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo.
- 222,000 pair of thigh high boots from Sears' Kadashian Kollection, enough for nearly every resident of Madison, Wisconsin (Pop. 237,000).
- 406,000 tickets to Miami Dolphins games to watch ex-beau Reggie Bush (Average ticket price: $49.25)
- 1.9 million copies of Paris Hilton's album "Paris" based on Amazon's retail price of $10.56. [Note: Paris' U.S. album sales were a scant 197,000 as of March 2011]
- Four-year tuition for 116 students to attend her father's alma mater, the University of Southern California (Tuition cost: $42,818)
- Meals for 167,000 malnourished African children for a year (Based on $120/year)
The real question is: How much is a good divorce attorney going to cost?