KitchenAid tweets joke about President Obama's dead grandmother during debate
KitchenAid tweets, "Obamas gma even knew it was going 2 b bad! 'She died 3 days b4 he became president'. #nbcpolitics."
The account quickly deleted the tweet, but on the internet the damage had been done. The account has since tweeted:
- Deepest apologies for an irresponsible tweet that is in no way a representation of the brand's opinion. #nbcpolitics
- Hello, everyone. My name is Cynthia Soledad, and I am the head of the KitchenAid brand.
- I would like to personally apologize to President @BarackObama, his family and everyone on Twitter for the offensive tweet sent earlier.
- It was carelessly sent in error by a member of our Twitter team who, needless to say, won't be tweeting for us anymore.
- That said, I take full responsibility for my team. Thank you for hearing me out.