Madonna smooching Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera ranked 'Most Outrageous VMA Moments'
And the winner is...
Madonna kissing Britney Spears and then Christina Aguilera. The singers liplocked at the 2003 VMAs during a medley performance of "Like a Virgin" and "Hollywood." At the time, this was considered a symbolic "passing of the torch" from one female pop icon to her heir apparents. Others considered it needless titillation. But whatever it was, it was water cooler talk for days. And it secured 53 percent of the nearly 460,000 votes cast in the survey.
The Madonna/Britney/Christina moment beat out another famous VMA smooch -- that between Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley. That picked up 44 percent of the votes.
Here's a full list of the "Most Outrageous Moments":
- Madonna kisses Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera (2003) -53.26%
- Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley kiss (1994) - 44.06%
- Diana Ross grabs Lil Kim's pasty-covered boob (1999) - 1.09%
- Kid Rock vs. Tommy Lee fight (2007) - 0.57%
- Courtney Love crashes Madonna interview (1995) - 0.34%
- Nirvana's Krist Novoselic tosses bass/smacks self in face during "Lithium" (1992) - 0.36%
- Rage Against the Machine bassist climbs the set (2000) - 0.21%
- Howard Stern's Fartman appearance (1992) - 0.13%
The survey also took votes on categories like favorite performance, best outfit and best video. The complete survey is available on MTV.com.
But feel free to experience the love all over again.