Margo Martindale is Will Arnett's mom, Odette Annable heads to 'Venice' and more pilot casting news
Martindale ("Justified," "A Gifted Man") has joined "Raising Hope" creator Greg Garcia's CBS comedy pilot, which stars Will Arnett as a recently divorced man who finds out his parents are also having problems in their marriage. Martindale will play his mom, who likes to meddle in other people's business.
Martindale currently has a recurring part on FX's rookie series "The Americans." She'll also appear in Showtime's "Masters of Sex" in the fall.
More pilot casting news:
- Odette Annable ("House") and Bruce Greenwood ("The River") have joined Jennifer Beals in ABC's drama "Venice," about two rival families in the L.A. beach community. Greenwood will play the head of one of the families and Annable his daughter, who has a Romeo-and-Juliet-like romance with a son from the other family.
- Bridget Regan ("Legend of the Seeker," "Beauty and the Beast") will play one of the lead roles in ABC's "Murder in Manhattan," about a mother and daughter who are amateur detectives. Regan will play the daughter, a City Hall employee who helps her mom track cases on her off time.
- Michael Weston ("House," "Law & Order: SVU") has joined The CW's "Blink," about a man who's unable to move or speak after an accident but sees and hears what his family is up to. Weston will play the man's younger brother, who moves in with the family to help out.
- FOX's comedy "Dads" has added "Animal House" star Peter Riegert to its cast. The live-action show from Seth MacFarlane centers on two guys whose fathers move in with them. Riegert, who has a recurring part as a judge on "The Good Wife," will play one of the dads.
- Also at FOX, Angelique Cabral ("Friends With Benefits") has joined "Enlisted," a comedy from "Cougar Town" co-creator Kevin Biegel. She'll play a sergeant at the Army base where the show is set.
- Jesse Lee Soffer ("As the World Turns," "The Mob Doctor") has taken a lead role in NBC's modern-day "Hatfields & McCoys." He's playing a son of the McCoy family who returns home to Pittsburgh after eight years and vows revenge when his dad is killed and evidence points to the Hatfields as being behind the killing. [ Deadline]
- Chuck Lorre's CBS comedy "Mom" has added French Stewart ("3rd Rock from the Sun," "The Middle") as the temperamental chef at the restaurant where lead character Christy (Anna Faris) works.