Michael Chiklis joins CBS pilot; that's not good for 'No Ordinary Family'
Michael Chiklis has taken the title role in CBS' comedy project "Vince Uncensored," Deadline reports. It's in second position to "NOF," which Chiklis also co-executive produces, but the fact that CBS has also signed him to a development deal is an additional dark cloud. "No Ordinary Family" is averaging a tepid 6.8 million viewers and 2.0 rating among adults 18-49 this season.
"Vince Uncensored" is about a man (Chiklis) who has a medical scare and decides to be more honest in his life, even if it hurts. Conan O'Brien is one of the pilot's exec producers; "Cheers" and "Boston Legal" veteran Phoef Sutton created it.
Some other notable castings, per Deadline:
- Donal Logue, who's coming off FX's "Terriers," will star in ABC's drama "Hallelujah." The show, from "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry, is about a battle between good and evil in a small town; Logue will play a diner owner who's on the side of the angels.
- Jennifer Morrison, currently not being the Mother on "How I Met Your Mother," will star in another ABC drama, "Once Upon a Time." Her character is a woman who arrives in a town where fairy tales are real.
- "My Boys" star Jordana Spiro will star in the Alphabet's comedy "Lost and Found." She'll play a free-spirited bartender whose son -- whom she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager -- tracks her down and re-enters her life.
- Ellen Barkin has taken her first series role in "Mann's World," an NBC drama from "Sex and the City's" Michael Patrick King. She'll play the ex-wife of Don Johnson's character, a salon owner trying to keep his edge. "SATC" alum Mario Cantone has also joined the cast.
- Joe Mazzello ("The Pacific," "The Social Network") has signed on to ABC's drama "Georgetown." He'll play a White House aide who shares an apartment with fellow staffers Katie Cassidy and Daisy Betts.