NBC releases 'Rosemary's Baby' teaser; Alfre Woodard to play president in Katherine Heigl pilot
- NBC has yet to reveal the due date for their upcoming "Rosemary's Baby" miniseries, starring Zoe Saldana in the iconic role, but the network has released the first teaser for the adaptation. The frustratingly brief clip may not offer a glimpse at any actual footage, but it certainly sets an ominous tone. The mini, which also stars "Suits" star Patrick J. Adams, is expected this summer.
- "State of Affairs," NBC's political drama pilot starring Katherine Heigl, has found its president. Alfre Woodard ("Desperate Housewives") will play President Roberta Payton, who hires Heigl's maverick CIA officer to be her daily legal briefer. [ THR]
- NBC's revival of "Last Comic Standing" has firmed up its judging panel, landing comedy legends Roseanne Barr and Keenan Ivory Wayans. The duo will be joined by international comedy star Russell Peters at the judges' table, while J.B. Smoove will handle hosting duties. The eighth season of the series, NBC's first in four years, will premiere May 22 at 9 p.m.
- CMT is getting its "Party Down South" on for another season: The network has ordered a second season of 13 episodes for its highest-rated series ever. Season 2 of the reality hit from the "Jersey Shore" producers will premiere June 5 on the network.
- WE tv has ordered new seasons of two of its hit reality shows: "Braxton Family Values" and "SWV Reunited." That means 26 new episodes for a fourth season of "Braxton," while "SWV" will get 10 extra episodes for an extended sophomore season.