'NCIS': Cote de Pablo's exit was her decision, CBS says
CBS CEO Les Moonves addressed the actress' departure Monday (July 29) at the TCA summer press tour. Fans have mounted a campaign to have her return to the show, beyond whatever closure the "NCIS" writers may bring for Ziva early in the season.
"Look -- I really want to clarify. We offered Cote de Pablo a lot of money, and then we offered her even more money," Moonves says. "We really didn't want to lose her, we love her, we think she was terrific. And we obviously were in discussions with the rest of the cast, and the producers were aware what was going on, and ultimately she didn't want to do the show. It was purely her decision."
Moonves adds that he's sorry to see de Pablo go: "'NCIS' was the highest-rated show on television last year. We don't like losing anybody. But we did everything humanly possible. We feel like we exhausted every opportunity, and she just decided she didn't want to do the show."