'Nip/Tuck' stars move on in pilots
Joely Richardson and Dylan Walsh have landed lead roles in a pair of drama pilots -- Richardson in ABC's "The Whole Truth" and Walsh in CBS' "ATF." Other notable names in the latest round of casting include Amber Tamblyn, Eric Close, Janeane Garofalo and Nicole Sullivan, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Although "Nip/Tuck" is ending its on-air run this week, Richardson and Walsh finished their work on "Nip/Tuck" some time ago. The series finale filmed last June. In "The Whole Truth," Richardson will play a veteran New York prosecutor. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced legal drama will dissect court cases from multiple points of view.
In "ATF," Walsh will play an agent with the titular agency who tries to juggle his work with raising a teenage daughter who just came back into his life. Michael Dinner ("Kidnapped," "Karen Sisco") wrote the pilot and will direct.
The other casting:
- Tamblyn ("Joan of Arcadia," "The Unusuals") will star in "Quinn-tuplets," a drama about adult quintuplets (with the last name Quinn). Sam Witwer ("Smallville"), Kenneth Mitchell ("Jericho") and David Giuntoli ("Privileged") will play three of the other quints; Juliette Goglia will play their half-sister.
- "Without a Trace" veteran Close has joined "Chaos," CBS' drama about CIA agents. The cast also includes Freddy Rodriguez and Tim Blake Nelson.
- Garofalo, whose TV credits include "24" and "The West Wing," has joined the John Wells/Hannah Shakespeare medical drama, also at CBS. She'll play a nurse coordinator and the operations manager for a traveling medical team.
- Sullivan ("The King of Queens," "Rita Rocks") has joined William Shatner in the Twitter-based CBS comedy pilot "S**t My Dad Says." It revolves around the relationship between a guy and his colorful father (Shatner); Sullivan will play the son's wife.
- Elsewhere, David Walton (NBC's yet-to-be-scheduled "100 Questions") will star in NBC's "Perfect Couples"; Bob Odenkirk ("Breaking Bad") has joined Rob Riggle in CBS' "Team Spitz"; and Joel David Moore ("Bones") has signed on to NBC's "Nathan vs. Nurture."
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Dermot Mulroney is the new 'Rockford'; Grace Park joins 'Five-O '
More pilot season news on Zap2it
Photo credit: FX