'NTSF:SD:SUV::' interview: June Diane Raphael talks Season 3 and other crazy stuffAdd to Favorites | Doctor Who
Believe it or not, Adult Swim's comedy series "NTSF:SD:SUV::" will return for Season 3 on Thursday (July 24). In anticipation of this important event, we sat down to talk to June Diane Raphael -- who plays Agent Piper Ferguson -- about upcoming episodes, the insanity that is "NTSF," Comic-Con and other projects she has worked on recently.
Some highlights of the interview, information-wise, are:
- This year, the "NTSF" team goes to England. Technically, it's just Little Britain,the English part of San Diego, but they filmed it in London. There are several British guest stars and a large number of Brits are dead by the end of the episode.
- The England-set episode actually qualifies as an "NTSF:SD:SUV::" movie -- it's a half hour instead of the usual 15 minutes!
- "A lot of people die in this show."
- For the Season 3 premiere, "NTSF" has "Comic-Con Air." It involves Comic-Con nerds on an airplane.
- Returning guest stars include Ed Helms and Rob Riggle.
- In case you had missed the news, former "Doctor Who" star Karen Gillan will join the "NTSF" cast as someone named Daisy. "The character's completely insane!" according to Raphael.
For those viewers who know June Diane Raphael from projects other than "NTSF," there is a second part to the interview. Raphael starred as Julie Gristlewhite in all three installments of the web series, "Burning Love." And she had a small but notable role on "New Girl" as Jess' gynecologist friend, Sadie.
The actress talks about those parts below.
Note: If you're wondering about the random editing in the middle, there was a very noisy truck that interrupted the interview for about a minute.