Olympics 2014 medal count: Norway tops the leaderboard at Sochi GamesAdd to Favorites | XXII Winter Olympics
With two days of the 2014 Winter Olympics Games completed, Norway has risen to the top of the medal count leaderboard, with Canada and the Netherlands hot on its heels, both tied for second.
A total of seven countries have earned a medal in these early days of the 2014 games. Where's the good ol' US of A ranking, you ask? That would be fourth, with just one gold and one bronze. The current rankings as of Saturday are below:
1. Norway -- 4 medals (2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
2. (tie) Canada -- 3 medals (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
2. (tie) Netherlands -- 3 medals (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
4. United States of America -- 2 medals (1 gold, 1 bronze)
5. (tie) Sweden -- 1 medal (silver)
5. (tie) Austria -- 1 medal (silver)
7. Czech Republic -- 1 medal (bronze)
The highlights of Saturday's events will be broadcast during primetime on NBC, beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT.