Omar Epps will star in 'The Returned,' plus more pilot casting news
Epps will have a lead role in ABC's drama "The Returned," about how people react when loved ones who have died suddenly start returning to them. He'll play an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent who looks into the case of Jacob, a boy who suddenly pops up in rural China.
Kurtwood Smith ("That '70s Show") has also joined the cast as Jacob's father, who along with his wife ( Frances Fisher) buried Jacob more than 30 years earlier.
More pilot-season news:
- Hope Davis ("The Newsroom," "In Treatment") will star in CBS' drama "The Ordained" as the sister of lead actor Charlie Cox. Her character is the mayor of New York and may be the target of an assassination attempt, which causes Cox's character to leave the priesthood in an effort to protect her.
- "Entourage" star Kevin Connolly has joined CBS' comedy "Friends With Better Lives," playing a friend and colleague of James Van Der Beek's gynecologist character.
- Paige Turco ("Person of Interest," "The Agency") has been cast in "The Hundred," The CW's drama about the surviving members of humanity attempting to re-colonize Earth a century after a nuclear holocaust.
- Leslie Bibb, late of "GCB," will guest-star in NBC's "About a Boy" adaptation as a love interest for David Walton. She'll recur on the show if it's picked up.
- Eric Andre ("Don't Trust the B--- in Apt. 23") and Ellen Woglom ("Californication") will star in NBC's Greg Daniels/Robert Radnick comedy about the romantic lives of four people in their 20s.
- Another romance-centered ensemble comedy, ABC's "Mixology," has added Sarah Bolger ("Once Upon a Time") to its cast. She'll play a young woman visiting her sister in New York.
- Sara Gilbert, host and creator of "The Talk," will return to acting in the CBS comedy "Bad Teacher" as a co-worker of the title character ( Ari Graynor). She would continue on "The Talk" if the pilot goes to series.
- Elliott Gould ("Friends," "Ocean's Eleven") has joined NBC's John Mulaney comedy pilot, playing a neighbor of comedian Mulaney's character.