'Once Upon a Time' Season 3 premiere: 'Demon' Peter Pan, death in Neverland, and 8 more spoilersAdd to Favorites | Once Upon a Time
Zap2it spent all Tuesday morning (Sept. 24) in Neverland, and we can't wait for the rest of the world to join us there when "Once Upon a Time" Season 3 premieres on Sunday (Sept. 29). But since we can't wait that long, we thought we'd give you a few teases from the first two episodes of the new season to tide you over until then.
Here are 10 scoopy spoilers from Sept. 29's "The Heart of the Truest Believer" and Oct. 6's "Lost Girl":
10. While the Season 3 premiere starts off right where the Season 2 finale ended -- Emma, Hook, Gold, Regina, Charming, and Snow sailing on the Jolly Roger to Neverland to save Henry who was kidnapped by Greg and Tamara, while Neal (presumed dead by everyone) fell through a portal to Fairytale Land -- there is first a flashback to 11 years ago to kick off the new season. Hey, isn't someone on the show 11 years old? I wonder what this flashback will be ...
9. Greg and Tamara are so trusting in their mission from the "Home Office" -- kidnap Henry, bring him to Neverland, in the interest of destroying all magic -- that they never question their orders, not even once. They just do as they're told ... and they will learn pretty quickly that maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do.
8. As Henry's family sails toward Neverland for the most uncomfortable family vacation in the history of ever, don't expect everyone to all of a sudden be best friends. This is a ship full of heroes, villains, and a pirate, after all. Punches will be thrown.
7. Speaking of our favorite pirate, Hook is doing his best to win over more than one member of the motley crew, though his efforts are mostly focused on Emma. And since Emma believes that Neal is dead, you can't blame a girl for finally starting to fall for Hook's charms, can you?
6. Though we won't be meeting Ariel until episode 6, we get our first glimpse at "Once Upon a Time's" version of mermaids in the premiere ... and the Charming crew won't be too happy to meet them. These are some nasty creatures.
5. However, nothing holds a candle to the nasty, evil, big bad of the season: Peter Pan. He is nothing like what we've seen before on "Once," and he's nothing like the Peter Pan we know. You will meet him sooner than you think, and trust us when we say Gold wasn't exaggerating when he said everyone should fear Pan. Hook even goes so far as to call him a "demon."
4. The entirety of the first two episodes take place in Neverland and Fairytale Land, but viewers will get a glimpse of Belle (who stayed behind in Storybrooke) thanks to Gold.
3. Emma becomes the de facto leader of the group in Neverland, and thanks to the manipulative Peter Pan, she will have to accept who she truly is in order to find Henry. Warning: there is an incredibly heartbreaking scene between Snow and Emma. Have kleenex at the ready ... you'll need it.
2. Episode 2 features flashbacks to Fairytale Land, after Charming woke up Snow from her sleeping curse. While we watch Snow struggle with what to do next -- battle Regina for control over the kingdom that's rightfully Snow's or live a quiet life with Charming and the dwarves -- the dwarves take on a big brother-type role for Snow. Watching Grumpy call Charming a potential gold digger is hilarious, and adds some fun to an otherwise heavy story line.
1. The setting of Neverland will force all the characters to confront their past and issues that have been plaguing them for the entire series. That is sped along by Peter Pan, who finds out everyone's vulnerabilities and insecurities, and exploits them. Be prepared: people will die in Neverland, and pretty early on.
"Once Upon a Time" Season 3 premieres on Sunday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.