'One Tree Hill': Do the truffle shuffle
Haley is still deep in the throes of her depression, which is causing her to be downright mean to Jamie and completely checked out of everything else in her life. She spends her time calling her mother's cell phone, with the calls becoming the narration for the episode. Nathan and Quinn find the phone and listen to the heartbreaking messages. By the end of the episode, it seems like Haley has almost reached her breaking point. How much further down can she go next week?
While Haley is distracted with her own problems, Quinn distracts Jamie herself by showing him the movie "The Goonies," which is truly one of the most awesome movies of all time. To make things even better, she creates an entire treasure hunt for him inspired by the film. Awww. Quinn is a good aunt.
Julian's film is finished and both Brooke and Alex love it, but he is completely stressing about it getting into a very important film festival, which could make or break its chances at being sold. He gets a call from them at the end of the episode but we don't find out whether or not the film gets in. Boo!
Crazy Doppleganger Katie has completely lost it, fully taking on Sarah's persona and showing up at Clay's house as Sarah with all of her mannerisms and memories and telling him they can be together again. He kicks her out, but when she ends up threatening to jump off the closest pier (literally), he goes along with her charade long enough to bring her back from the edge so she can get put in a loony bin somewhere. I think this was supposed to be a fakeout for the audience, thinking Clay was going to be with her as Sarah. Was anyone actually faked out here? Anyone? Bueller? And if this is the last we see of Crazy Doppleganger Katie, she sure turned out to be a bust in the psycho stalker department. Where was the ax-wielding chase through a cornfield like Crazy Nanny Carrie? Or the full-back tattoo of complete awesomeness from Peyton's Psycho Fake Brother Derek? Weak, Crazy Doppleganger Katie. Weak.
- Useless character storyline No. 1: CHASE! randomly shows up again and announces that Mia broke up with him via a series of text messages. Harsh, Catalano. Then she shows up at Tric and says she's going to be around for a while, but they're still broken up. Whatever, I don't care...but CHASE! is super hot and Mia is pretty, so I'll allow it. (Yep, I'm shallow and I know it.)
- Useless character storyline No. 2: Grubbs and Miranda get busy, but Miranda is insistent on going back to London without him. His heart is broken. Oh. My. Goodness. I. Don't. Care.
- Bethany Joy Galeotti is doing some very nice work in this depression arc. I sort of can't wait to see how she plays what depths are surely to come for Haley.
- Nathan saying that giving Haley the bracelet from the Cracker Jack box all those years ago "fixed him" was very touching. The beginning of their relationship really was great, huh?
- Loved Alex calling Julian out on making a suicide reference to someone who actually tried to commit suicide herself. Awkward, Julian.
- "Seriously with the douchey pukka shells and the sunglasses?" - Alex, to Josh
- "Seriously with the annoying voice and the worse than annoying rest of you?" - Josh, in response
- "I love it when you talk diminutive NBA point guards." - Nathan, to Brooke
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Photo credit: The CW