'Parks and Recreation' Season 6 premiere: The 5 most important developments in 'London'
Let's take a look at the five most important developments in the Season 6 premiere:
1. Picking up right where we left off, with Ron ( Nick Offerman) realizing Diane ( Lucy Lawless) is pregnant, he immediately proposed, leading to an impromptu wedding -- which very nearly killed Leslie ( Amy Poehler). Not sure what was funnier: her insane reaction to the news, Ron's quip back ("Are you dead? You like you're in rictus.") or Diane's joke that her middle name was Tammy. The small, practical shotgun wedding felt so very perfect for Ron.
2. After many guesses over who was attempting to sabotage Rent-A-Swag (Jason Statham? Lebron James? Akon), Tom ( Aziz Ansari) discovered that the real culprit was Henry Winkler. As Dr. Saperstein, he's out for revenge on Tom based on some wild lies kids Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa began. Namely that Tom stole Jean-Ralphio's idea and Mona Lisa's virginity. Yeah, we were laughing as hard Tom, Ann ( Rashida Jones) and Chris ( Rob Lowe). Though Tom was able to get the Saperstein idiots to admit the truth to their dad, he's still gunning for Tom because, well, it's just good business.
3. Speaking of Ann and Chris, the beginning of the end for these two on the show has arrived. Paving the way for Jones and Lowe to exit midseason, the pregnant couple began telling friends about they're expecting. While it's sweet for them to get a happy ending, this coupling has been so boring for so long, their departure couldn't come soon enough.
4. Chris Pratt's upcoming disappearance (to film "Guardians of the Galaxy"), and new superhero figure, were explained in typical Andy Dwyer fashion: He just stopped drinking beer, losing 50 pounds in one month. "How much beer were you drinking?" Ben ( Adam Scott) asked, dumbfounded. "I know, right?" he laughed. "Probably too much."
Well, that explains the figure, but the disappearance? After he and Ben made their presentation to Lord Covington ( Peter Serafinowicz), the Brit (who inexplicably bonded with the man-child) requested that Andy stay in London for three months to help him with the non-profit. April's ( Aubrey Plaza) encouragement of his staying made for a sweet scene, but all that time without Andy while Pratt is filming? Seems like a bummer to us.
5. Leslie finally admitted that the people of Pawnee could be, well, pee-pee heads. While facing the town's impeachment efforts, Leslie found out that April had nominated her for an award with the International Coalition of Women in Government. Selected as a recipient, she headed to London to accept her award, along with Ben, Andy, April and Ron (whose hatred for England was pitch-perfect). Seeing how other women (including Heidi Klum's Danish mayor) were so revered by their constituents, the usually unflappable Leslie broke down during her acceptance speech, admitting that she wished the pee-pee heads in Pawnee cared about her as much as she cared for them. Naturally, Jerry ( Jim O'Heir) broadcast the speech to the town, getting Leslie into even deeper trouble.
- Ron, after his wedding: "The reception will be held in each of our individual houses, alone." Perfect.
- Leslie's name was recently used in a Pawnee crossword. The clue: Who's the worst?
- "I can't believe we're at Hogwarts!" - Andy
"No, that's Buckingham Palace. Hogwarts is fictional. Do you know that? It's important to me that you know that." - Ben, terrified.
- Leslie's big sight-seeing plans for London? The Notting Hill bus tour, Love Actually bus tour and Bridget Jones bus tour, notch.
- Ron's distaste for London while sight-seeing: "Look, a clock. We don't have that in America." and "You call that a tower? Try the Sears Tower."
- "What else does your family own?" Andy asks Lord Covington. "Well, um, have you heard of Scotland?"
- That poll question on "The Final Word With Perd"? Dead.
- "I didn't want all of the slugs gone! I wanted most of the slugs gone!" - the insane lady who requested Leslie remove the slugs from her yard. Poor Leslie.
What did you think of the Season 5 premiere of "Parks and Recreation"?