Pilots: 'Past Life' star gets new life at NBC
Former "Daily Show" correspondent Jason Jones, "Saturday Night Live" ex Casey Wilson, Tim Blake Nelson and Ben Lawson ("The Deep End") have also landed roles in the latest round of casting.
- Giddish will star in NBC's Jerry Bruckheimer pilot "Chase," according to The Hollywood Reporter. She'll play a federal marshal who leads a team charged with apprehending fugitives. "Past Life" was pulled from FOX's lineup last week and isn't likely to return other than for a burnoff of its remaining episodes.
- Jones will star in ABC's comedy pilot "How to Be a Better American." According to the HR, he'll play a man who decides he needs to be a better person and brings his family along for the ride as well.
In addition to his time on "The Daily Show," Jones has guested on "How I Met Your Mother" and co-starred in "All About Steve."
- Nelson has signed on to "Chaos," the CBS drama about CIA agents. His character will be a trained psychologist who leads something called the Office of Disruptive Services. It will be the first regular role in a series for the "Incredible Hulk" and "O Brother, Where Art Thou" star.
- Wilson will stay in the NBC fold as part of "Happy Endings," about a couple whose friends choose up sides after they break up on their wedding day. Wilson, who spent two seasons on "SNL" and also co-starred in "Julie and Julia" and "Bride Wars," will play one of the friends.
- "The Deep End's" Lawson is in talks to star in ABC's comedy "Freshmen," about three first-term members of Congress who share a house. The pilot is considered in second position to "The Deep End," but that show, which has its season finale Thursday (Feb. 25), faces an uphill battle to return next season.
Among the other actors hired for pilots in the past couple days: Former "Cosby Show" star Malcolm-Jamal Warner and Eric Lange in ABC's drama "True Blue"; Kurtwood Smith ("That '70s Show") in CBS' comedy "Mike and Molly"; Swoosie Kurtz in another CBS comedy, the Josh Schwartz-penned "Hitched"; Ben Chaplin ("Me and Orson Welles") in NBC's David E. Kelley pilot "Kindreds"; Kelly Hu ("X2: X-Men United") in "The Odds" on CBS; Scott Patterson ("Gilmore Girls") in NBC's thriller "The Event"; Megan Boone in The CW's med-school drama that's produced by Hayden Panettiere; and John Carroll Lynch ("Shutter Island"), Geoffrey Arend ("Trust Me") and Windell Middlebrooks ("Scrubs") in ABC's "Body of Evidence."
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
'Past Life' pulled from FOX schedule
Pilots: Jim Belushi does drama, Jane Kaczmarek back to comedy
All of Zap2it's pilot season coverage
Photo credit: FOX