President Obama to visit 'Live with Kelly and Michael'; Graham Yost developing WGN America drama
- "Live with Kelly and Michael" announced Tuesday (May 27) that they are traveling to Washington D.C. this week to sit down with President Barack Obama in the Blue Room of the White House for an interview set to air Friday, May 30. A wide array of topics will be covered, most notably the White House Healthy Kids and Safe Sports Concussion Summit taking place this week.
- Jennifer Beals guest-stars on "Motive" this week as a dance instructor who finds herself the target of Angie's investigation into a killing that initially seems like a case of self-defense during a home invasion. Watch a preview at TV Guide.
- ABC Family is making its new original series "Chasing Life," available to viewers two weeks early via its authenticated WATCH ABC Family service beginning May 27 through June 9. The premiere of "Chasing Life" can also be seen early on all participating TV providers' On Demand Services starting Tuesday, June 3 and on the "Chasing Life" Facebook page starting on Sunday, June 8. The drama about a young woman who gets cancer premieres Tuesday, June 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
- "Elementary" star Lucy Liu has been tapped as a co-host for the first Huading Film Awards, a bilingual stage event that will honor the brightest stars of Chinese film. Chinese presenter Olivia Xu is Liu's co-host and the event takes place Sunday, June 1 at the Ricardo Montalban Theater in Hollywood. [ Deadline]
- Presenters have been announced for the 2014 Tony Awards, including Kevin Bacon, Matt Bomer, Wayne Brady, Zach Braff, Kenneth Branagh, Patricia Clarkson, Bradley Cooper, Fran Drescher, Clint Eastwood, Emilio Estefan, Gloria Estefan, Vera Farmiga, Will Ferrell, Tony Goldwyn, Anna Gunn, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ethan Hawke, Carole King, Zachary Levi, Lucy Liu, Kate Mara, Tony nominee Audra McDonald, Leighton Meester, Alessandro Nivola, Zachary Quinto, Emmy Rossum and Liev Schreiber. The 68th annual Tony Awards air live Sunday, June 8 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.