'Pretty Little Liars': Father knows best
Emily's dad is in town being awesome and helping her look for Maya. But he also drops the bomb that he's going back to Afghanistan. Poor Emily. If they kill him off, that would be really crappy.
Speaking of crappy, Byron is still being a big jerk and Ella doesn't think she can quite broach anything with him yet. Though it's pretty heartbreaking the way he stands there after Aria tells him she's not his little girl anymore.
Aria leaves him there because she goes to tell Ashley Marin that she sent the police report to Hanna, which Ashley doesn't believe for a second because she's way smarter than all nitwit girls put together. And Ashley and Ella get together to compare notes about "A." Those two working together could probably catch A in a week.
And in the Hastings household, Mr. Hastings tells Spencer that the check stub for $15K and the folder full of pictures of Ali (creepy) were for a private investigator he hired to look into Ali's disappearance. Why would he go to all that trouble? Because he thought Melissa was behind it.
Melissa is there being sisterly to Spencer, which is nice to see, but it has a slightly sinister edge now.
And the Liars find out from Jonah that Vivian Darkbloom's "friend" Alison was receiving texts from more than one number - Melissa's law firm and somewhere in an area of town where the Liars spy a creepy, creepy doll shop. And a mysterious boy mistakes Aria for Vivian. Dun dun dun.
Thoughts & Tidbits
- We don't really miss Maya, but we hope the final frames don't mean that she's dead.
- Love seeing Mona work with the Liars. Please let that become permanent and don't let Mona be A.
- Was the guy on the motorcycle Toby? Or somebody else?
- "I got chased by a hobo for nothing?!" Heeee.
- Also hee - the Liars saying Aria can lie the best.
- Excellent musical choice - you cannot go wrong with Tears for Fears
What did you think, PLL fans?