'Project Runway' bares all in Season 12 poster; Key & Peele hosting TCA Awards
It's odd, in that we're used to seeing Klum as the one wearing next to nothing. Right-hand man Tim Gunn, at least, is nattily attired as usual. (The city of Los Angeles banned the promo image from billboards, but Lifetime is running with it nonetheless.)
Presumably all the poor naked models will have clothes to wear once the competing designers start sewing them. "Project Runway" returns July 18 on Lifetime.
More TV news and notes:
- Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele of Comedy Central's "Key & Peele" will be the hosts of the Television Critics Association Awards on Aug. 3. You can see this year's nominees here.
- Ryan Seacrest is talking with NBC about serving as host of "The Million Second Quiz" this fall. The game show/endurance test will run for 12 nights starting Sept. 9. [ Variety]
- "Eastbound & Down" has signed "Django Unchained" actor Omar Dorsey for a recurring part in Season 4. He'll play a former NFL player-turned-sports talk show host. [ Hollywood Reporter]
- Discovery is developing its second scripted miniseries, this one tackling the lives of Scottish heroes William Wallace (the subject of "Braveheart") and Robert the Bruce. Ridley Scott's company Scott Free will executive produce the project, based on books by historian Nigel Tranter.
- "The Wire" star Jamie Hector has joined the cast of Cinemax's pilot "Quarry." He plays the best friend of the title character ( Logan Marshall-Green), a Vietnam veteran who joins a syndicate of contract killers in the 1970s. [ TVLine]