'Raising Asia' premiere: A 'high-class' Honey Boo Boo?Add to Favorites | Raising Asia
While the Rays may not really resemble the Thompson family from TLC's "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the resemblance between the cheeky Southern pageant girl and this new eight-year-old Los Angeles diva are striking.
Asia is sassy, bratty, entitled and full of one-liners that are probably being fed to her by a producer. These include:
- "My mom thinks she's raising me, but really, who's the one in charge?"
- "My mom is a little bit of a control freak. When stuff don't go her way, gets crazy up in here."
- "He still doesn't get how busy I am. Pop stars do not go to the park. Their playground is the red carpet."
- "I'm addicted to shiny things."
- "The Ray family is obsessed with fame and I want everyone to know my name."
- "They say this number is inappropriate, but really, that's just how I dance. ... I'm not backing down on this. I'm not losing the whip, end of conversation."
And that's just the premiere episode. We aren't sure we can take this week after week. Really the only difference between Asia and Honey Boo Boo is affluence.
Will you be tuning back into "Raising Asia"?