Rebecca Romijn, Mira Sorvino book TNT pilots; Gary Cole joins 'Veep'
- Rebecca Romijn has landed the lead in TNT's pilot "King and Maxwell," based on the characters Sean King and Michelle Maxwell from best-selling novels by David Baldacci. The ex-secret service agents tackle criminal cases in Washington D.C. [ THR]
- "Trooper," a pilot starring Mira Sorvino as a recently divorced mother of three/New York state trooper, didn't make CBS' fall schedule. But now TNT is giving the project a second shot and keeping Sorvino in the lead role. A new pilot will be shot. [ TVLine]
- Gary Cole ("The Good Wife," "Office Space") has joined the cast of HBO's Emmy-nominated comedy "Veep" and will appear in as many as eight of the 10 episodes in Season 2. A premiere date has not been set but Cole is reportedly playing a "Karl Rove-type" figure. [ Deadline]
- Hayley Atwell romanced a superhero in "Captain America: The First Avenger," but now she'll take the lead in "Life of Crime," a gritty miniseries for U.K.'s ITV network about a rookie cop tracking down the killer of a 15-year-old girl. [ C21]
- With "The Office" ending its nine season run next year, the cast members have become hot commodities for pilot season. Brian Baumgartner (Kevin) will star in an untitled ABC pilot from "Office" executive producer Greg Daniels about a mid-level airline exec looking to shake up his life. [ Deadline]