Rihanna headlines a fashion competition for Style; Elizabeth Banks back on 'Modern Family'
The singer will star in and executive produce "Styled to Rock," a contest in which 12 designers compete to act as stylists for a different celebrity guest star each week. There's no word on the prize for the winner.
A casting call is underway online; go here for details.
Other TV news and notes:
- Elizabeth Banks is headed back to "Modern Family." She's reprising her role as Mitchell ( Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cam's ( Eric Stonestreet) hard-partying friend -- or maybe formerly hard-partying friend, as she tells the guys she's about to get married. [ EW]
- Mindy Kaling's former "Office" mate B.J. Novak, who's been working as a consulting producer on "The Mindy Project," will join Kaling on camera as well. He'll do a two-episode guest stint as a possible new beau for Kaling's character. [ Vulture]
- Odd couple alert: Glenn Beck and Vince Vaughn -- or at least his production company -- are teaming up for a competition show for documentary filmmakers called "Pursuit of the Truth." The "Project Greenlight"-esque series, also produced by the people behind "Laguna Beach" and "The Hills," will debut on Beck's online network TheBlaze sometime next year. [ GlennBeck.com]
- ABC has given a straight-to-series order for a show called "Weird Desk" that will debut next summer. The drama is about a secret organization that investigates paranormal and extraterrestrial occurrences. Carl Binder ("Stargate: Atlantis") and David Titcher ("The Librarian") are the creators. [ Deadline]
- Jamie Foxx is your host for "Saturday Night Live" this week, and he and cast member Jason Sudeikis get into the holiday spirit in this promo. Take a look: