'Rizzoli & Isles' Season 4 returns with big ratings; MTV cancels 'Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous'Add to Favorites | Rizzoli & Isles
Meanwhile, lead-out "Perception" didn't fare quite as well with its Season 2 premiere, drawing 4 million viewers including 1.2 million adults 25-54 and 1 million adults 18-49. Those numbers are down from the show's series premiere last year, which was seen by 5.6 million viewers following TNT's "The Closer."
More bite-sized TV news:
- MTV has canceled low-rated scripted comedy "Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous," created by and starring YouTube sensation Bo Burnham, after a single season. Burnham first tweeted the news yesterday, and the network released a confirmation statement today.
- Fox and Warner Bros. are looking into redeveloping the single-camera comedy pilot "The Assistants," which was not picked up for the 2013-14 TV season. The talent options on stars Brittany Snow, Stephen Root and Catherine O'Hara have been extended to accommodate shooting a new pilot.
- Chris Zylka ("The Secret Circle") has joined the rapidly expanding ensemble of HBO's pilot "The Leftovers" from co-writers Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta and director Peter Berg. He will play the son of Justin Theroux's lead character and Amy Brenneman, newly cast as Theroux's wife.
- FX is developing "Mohicans," a limited series based on James Fenimore Cooper's classic novel "The Last of Mohicans." The project's writers/developers are Chris Crowe -- who co-wrote the 1992 "Mohicans" movie adaptation directed by Michael Mann and starring Daniel Day-Lewis -- Kerry McCluggage and Steve Beck. [THR]
- Upcoming ABC comedy "Mixology" has added Frankie Shaw ("Blue Mountain State") in the series regular role of Fabienne, a "chic force of nature" with problems in her personal life. [Deadline]