Rosario Dawson joins 'Daredevil' at Netflix; 'Dominion' scores decent premiere ratingsAdd to Favorites | Dominion
- Rosario Dawson has joined the cast of Netflix's Marvel series "Daredevil." Dawson ("Sin City: A Dame to Kill For") will have a recurring part as a woman on a "quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen," which brings her into contact with the title character (Charlie Cox). [ EW]
- Syfy's new drama "Dominion" got off to a decent start Thursday (June 19). The sequel series to the film "Legion" drew 2 million viewers for its premiere, with just over 800,000 of those people falling in the 18-49 demographic. Season 2 of "Defiance" also opened to 2 million viewers, down from 2.7 million for its series debut last year.
- Will Forte will guest-star on "The Simpsons" next season, filling in another corner of the Springfield mosaic. He'll play the never-before-seen owner of King Toot's Music Store, the business next to Moe's Tavern. EP Matt Selman promises the King and Moe do not have the best relationship. [ TVLine]
- The cast of FOX's new dramedy "Red Band Society" is going on tour to raise awareness of the show -- and raise money for four charities. Cast members will host screenings in several cities across the United States, and attendees can also donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, St. Jude's Children's Hospital, the Ryan Seacrest Foundation and Teen Cancer America. For more info and to RSVP, go here.
- ESPN and Univision are both scoring strong ratings for coverage of the FIFA World Cup. Through 23 group-stage matches on Thursday (June 19), ESPN has averaged a 3.7 million viewers per match, up from 2.95 million at the same point in the 2010 World Cup. Univision has seen similar gains for its coverage.