Ryan Seacrest reportedly in for more 'American Idol'; Lara Spencer promoted at 'GMA'; 'Scandal' Season 3 coming to NetflixAdd to Favorites | American Idol
- Ryan Seacrest is reportedly set to renew his contract with "American Idol" for two more years, while at the same time expanding his role with Clear Channel Communications, as his role at NBC Universal decreases. [ The Wrap]
- "Good Morning America" has promoted Lara Spencer to co-anchor, making her the third co-anchor alongside George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts. This comes on the heels of Josh Elliott's sudden departure and Sam Champion leaving to start his own Weather Channel show. Michael Strahan was also recently added to the "GMA" lineup in a guest correspondent position. [ ABC News]
- "Scandal" Season 3 will be available on Netflix on May 17, the streaming service announced on Twitter. The season just wrapped on ABC and the popular drama will return in the fall 2014 with Season 4.
- Syfy has picked up its competition series "Face Off" for a seventh season, which will premiere in July 14. The new season will feature a theme of "Life and Death" and will also introduce a new judge, Oscar-winning makeup artist Lois Burwell ("Braveheart," "Lincoln"). The pickup comes just a few days before the show's Season 6 finale, which airs Tuesday (April 22).
- ABC Family is looking to bring a paranormal crime drama into the fold. The network gave a pilot order for the series "Stitchers," which is written by Jeffrey A. Schechter. The series is about "a young woman recruited into a covert government agency to be 'stitched' into the minds of the recently deceased, using their memories to investigate murders and decipher mysteries that otherwise would have gone to the grave." Production is expected to begin in June. [ Deadline]
- The newest teaser for "Louie" Season 4 is the first one to feature any scenes from the coming season. Louie goes to the doctor (guest star Charles Grodin) after hurting his back, where he gets a very, uh, concise diagnois. "Louie" returns to FX on May 5; take a look at the teaser: