Sarah Michelle Gellar is Team Angel, reveals favorite 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' episodesAdd to Favorites | Buffy the Vampire Slayer
But the most important bit of information? She is Team Angel.
In case you've been living under a rock that doesn't get TV reception, Angel (David Boreanaz) was Buffy's first and arguably greatest love on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." A vampire with a soul (and a lot of brooding), Angel was a difficult boyfriend at best. At worst, he tried to kill her family and friends and end the world.
Still, Buffy always seemed to return to Angel as her great love.
Even in later seasons when the vampire Spike (James Marsters) started crushing on Buffy -- and later picked up a soul of his own -- the shadow of Angel loomed large over the picture.
"Buffy" fans have long argued over whether Angel or Spike was the better choice in the long run. Gellar's own choice is clear in the AMA. When first asked "Spike or Angel?," Gellar replied in all caps, "ANGEL."
The question popped up about half an hour later, and Gellar's response was unchanged: "Still Angel."
RELATED: Sarah Michelle Gellar poses with "Bones" stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel.
Other bits of "Buffy"-related information from Gellar include:
- Gellar wouldn't reveal who she thought would win in a fight between herself and Eliza Dushku. But she did reveal that "if we were playing dodgeball, I would definitely pick her first for my team."
- When asked about her favorite "Buffy" episode, Gellar replied with three: "The Prom" ("I just love that whole story"), "Hush" ("it's not just the scariest episode we've ever done but the challenge to do a silent episode -- I thought it would be easy but it was way harder") and "The Body" ("My entire first scene was all done in one take. It was 4-5 minutes of one long take.").
- Asked how Boreanaz smells, Gellar replied: "I can say that David honestly smells very good and continues to smell very good. I apologize to Jamie his wife for answering that question."
- She couldn't come up with a way to explain her "Buffy" experience in five words. Instead, she noted, "It was 8 incredible years of making incredible television. It would take 5 HOURS to do it justice."
- Gellar wants to get Seth Green to guest-star on "The Crazy Ones." He has an upcoming cameo, but she wants him to act as a character as well.
As a final treat for all of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans, Gellar proposed a contest: "The first person who tweets at me with the total number of vampires I killed across 7 seasons gets a prize."
Good luck with that!