'Siberia': What was the best 'Lost' theft of 'One by One'?Add to Favorites | Siberia
Sam, Daniel, Johnny and Joyce wandered around the research station. Sabina, Neeko and Biljan sniped at each other. That really is about it -- except, of course, for the rather numerous borrowings from another TV tale of survival, "Lost."
Obviously, "Lost" has been a big influence on the fake reality show of "Siberia" since day 1. It's just that it is feeling a whole lot more extreme these days. Examples of "Lost"-like moments in "One by One" include:
- The research station: Nothing says "Dharma Initiative" like a mysterious, abandoned scientific facility filled with semi-working technology and animal experiments
- Mysterious video: Like the training videos of "Lost," this week's grainy footage from that old (and very real) Tunguska mission was supposed to provide answers. And -- like "Lost" -- it didn't help much.
- Pointless plane signals: Some of the "Lost" castaways wanted to build giant messages and signal fires to get the attention of passing airplanes. It didn't work very well on "Siberia" either.
- A vaguely nutty guy acting like he knows more than everyone: Biljan is essentially a slightly crazier, much hairier version of John Locke now.
- Stealing boots: In a scene that almost directly mimicked one in the pilot episode of "Lost," Joyce took boots off a dead body.
- Bullets and guns: Who has the gun? Who has the bullets? Who can be trusted? This seems familiar somehow.
- The Others: Seriously, they've got Others on "Siberia" now. It's all "Lost" after that.
Was anything else "Lost"-like on this episode of "Siberia"? Let us know in the comments!