'Sister Wives' Thanksgiving recipes: Cranberry Salad, Pumpkin Pie Cake and more
Meri, the first wife, has a delicious (and simple!) Cranberry Salad on her list:
|4||cup fresh frozen cranberries (1 -12 ounce package)|
|2||cup red grapes, cut in half|
|1||can pineapple tidbits|
|1||cup chopped walnuts|
|1||cup whipped topping|
- Chop cranberries in blender (careful, it's loud!). Mix with sugar.
- Put in colander and cover overnight to strain and thaw. Place colander in larger bowl. Save juice to pour over cranberries again and re-strain in the morning.
- Add remaining ingredients and serve.
Second wife Janelle has a lot of yummy recipes, but the Pumpkin Pie Cake is the one that caught our eye:
|1||29 ounce can pumpkin|
|1||can evaporated milk (13 ounces)|
|1 1/2||cup sugar|
|1||package yellow cake mix (spice and white cake mix work as well)|
|1||cup melted butter or margarine|
|1||cup chopped nuts (optional)|
- Beat all ingredients except cake mix.
- Put in ungreased 9x12 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over mixture. Pour melted margarine over the cake mix and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 degress for 1 hour - no longer. Top with whip cream once it cools. Serve.
We love a good Zucchini Bread and third wife Christine has one on her list that looks pretty great:
|1 1/2||cup oil|
|6||cups seeded and grated zucchini|
|4 2/3||cup flour, white or wheat|
|4||Teaspoon baking soda|
|1||Teaspoon baking powder|
|1||cup chopped walnuts (optional)|
- Beat eggs, add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well, add zucchini. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add to the wet mixture. Mix until blended well. Pour into 4 well greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Interestingly, new fourth wife Robyn doesn't have any recipes listed. Perhaps she will get some on the site when Season 2 starts. The full list of recipes can be found here.
Follow Zap2it and Zap2it Andrea on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Photo credit: TLC