Sofia Vergara tops Kim Kardashian as TV's highest-paid actress
That honor belongs to "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara, who according to Forbes is TV's highest-paid actress. The combination of her TV salary, endorsement deals (with Pepsi and Cover Girl, among others) and other interests earned her $19 million from May 2011 to May 2012 and puts her at the top of the magazine's list.
Kardashian earned her spot on the list thanks in part to the lucrative deal she and her family signed with E! earlier this year, plus numerous endorsements and the clothing line she and her sisters launched with Sears. Speaking of her sisters, Khloe Kardashian Odom also made the Top 20 list with earnings of $11 million (tying for fifth with "30 Rock" creator/star Tina Fey), but Kourtney did not.
Other notables on the list include Mariska Hargitay (seventh), Zooey Deschanel (tied for eighth), all four of the lead actresses on "Desperate Housewives" and Alyson Hannigan (tied for 15th).
Here are the Top 10 actresses from the Forbes list. Earnings are from May 2011 to May 2012 and include salaries, residuals, endorsements and other work.
1. Sofia Vergara ("Modern Family"), $19 million
2. Kim Kardashian ("Keeping Up with the Kardashians" et al), $18 million
3. Eva Longoria ("Desperate Housewives"), $15 million
4. Bethenny Frankel ("Bethenny Ever After"), $12 million
5. Tina Fey ("30 Rock"), $11 million
t5. Khloe Kardashian Odom ("Khloe & Lamar" et al), $11 million
7. Mariska Hargitay ("Law & Order: SVU"), $10 million
8. Zooey Deschanel ("New Girl"), $9 million
t8. Felicity Huffman ("Desperate Housewives"), $9 million
t8. Ellen Pompeo ("Grey's Anatomy"), $9 million