State of the Union drinking game: Have multiple colors of drinks on hand
The instructions are too numerous to list in their entirety, but here are some highlights:
- Drink once every time you hear "progress," "let me be clear" or "make no mistake"
- If you hear "debt," borrow a shot from a friend, promise you'll really pay it back this time
- If you hear "deficit," finish your drink; borrow the drink of the person next to you and drink it too
- Drink twice when the President calls a tax increase "asking someone to pay more"
- When he adds a color qualifier to jobs ("green" jobs, "blue collar" jobs), drink one drink of the same color
- When they show the First Lady, drink once. When they show the First Lady's arms, drink once, delivered by bicep curl
- Drink once when they show Speaker Boehner. Drink again if he's crying.
- Drink once if they show any of your Congressional representatives, then pat yourself on the back for being able to identify your Congressional representatives.
Should make for a more entertaining SOTU. Will you be tuning in, drinking or otherwise?