'The Bachelor' premiere: Sean Lowe to 'bend the rules' and more things to expect
Without giving away anything too spoiler-y, here are some things you can expect from the premiere:
- Sean's shirtless within the first minute of the episode -- 40 seconds in, to be exact.
- By the second minute, we've already covered "Bachelorette" Emily Maynard.
- You already know from the preview (check it out below), that one of the 26 women hops out of the limo in a wedding gown. But that's not the only woman we see in a wedding gown in the premiere. We counted a total of four.
- Sean (and ABC) are really into showing and telling. Example: Sean says, "I want to be that rock [for a woman]" -- and he's climbing on a rock at the same time.
- Our new "Bachelor" gets a special visit from another Emily castoff who helps him practice his swagger before heading to the mansion.
- Sean wants to "bend the rules" on the first night with the ladies, which means giving out roses whenever he damn well pleases. "I think that he can do whatever he wants," 26-year-old Desiree tells the women who are confounded by him veering from "The Bachelor" playbook.
- Also, as fans know, there are 26 bachelorettes this go-round -- still bending those rules -- the 25 that ABC announced plus a returning woman from a previous season of the show. "I know I don't deserve a second chance," mystery woman tells Sean in the premiere, "but you're here for a second chance, and I want to see if there's a possibility between us." And, duh, the other women aren't thrilled she's there.
- Other notables from the 25 women: One woman tries to backflip her way into Sean's heart, only to fall on her face; one woman reveals an open-heart tattoo that she's hoping Sean can fill; one freaky gal is looking to fulfill her "Fifty Shades of Grey" fantasies on national television; and one woman says her Italian father will break Sean's legs if he breaks her heart.
- At least one of the bachelorettes breaks down in tears before the rose ceremony.
- At least two women have waaaay too much to drink. In the words of one of these gals, "Honestly, I wish I was more sober right now." Yeah, we don't.
Check out the preview below and read more about Sean's ladies here.