'The Big Bang Theory' recap: The funniest lines from 'The Workplace Proximity'Add to Favorites | The Big Bang Theory
Of course there's the typical humor with which the story is handled, much of it in how Sheldon's poor reaction triggers a chain reaction that puts Howard ( Simon Helberg) and Bernadette ( Melissa Rauch) on the rocks, but there's a real honesty, as well. The episode wisely doesn't wrap the rift between Sheldon and Amy up in a neat bow by its end. Instead, it allows the hurt Amy's felt by Sheldon's continued neglect to feel real and go unresolved, as Sheldon still lacks the skills to resolve it.
It will be interesting to see how much the show allows Sheldon to actually grow as he continually finds himself in these situations. While it will certainly always be funny, there's also an expiration date in terms of believability. Amy's breaking point must come soon. It's when that finally happens that "The Big Bang Theory" will likely find itself at the next level.
But enough about that. Behold, tonight's funniest moments:
- "Awkward silence, Sheldon's on his phone, no touching; someone's having date night!" - Penny to Sheldon and Amy
- "Not as relieved as I'm about to be. It's a brave new world, little lady." - Sheldon to Amy, after learning the meaning behind the old adage about not, uhh, defecating where you eat.
- "I assume we'll deduct any time we see each other at work from our weekly quota." - Sheldon after Howard implies he'll be forced to see Amy more.
- "I don't mind. I'm hoping to put his love of repetition to use someday." - Amy, in regards to Sheldon's incessant knocking
- "His only options here are to fake a heart attack or have a real one." - Raj, about Howard after Bernadette learns what he's said about her.
- "Ah, Sweden. Home of my favorite Muppet and second-favorite meatball." - Sheldon, winning zero points with Amy's colleagues.
- "That's right. I'm in a boy-girl relationship with this cute little lump of wool. It's a physical relationship, too. Hand-holding, hugging -- even on hot days." - Sheldon on his and Amy's deal
- Sheldon's reactions to the crocodile with a mouth full of monkeys, boa constrictor, etc. being same as the monkey in Amy's experiment was a cute bit of physical comedy.
- "I should hope so. I don't see anyone else banging on this door to put up with your nonsense." - Sheldon to Amy after she says she liked him a lot, not truly getting it.