'The Carrie Diaries' preview: 5 things to know about 'A First Time for Everything'Add to Favorites | The Carrie Diaries
The main plot of "A First Time for Everything" follows Carrie ( AnnaSophia Robb) and Sebastian ( Austin Butler) into Manhattan for Madonna's "The Virgin Tour" launch party. It's supposed to be the perfect night, but... See the first sentence of this article. Meanwhile, Mouse ( Ellen Wong) tries to avoid West ( RJ Brown) and their attraction, and Dorrit ( Stefania Owen) tries to figure out her own love life.
That's the general story, but how about specifics? Having watched the episode, these are 5 things you will definitely learn from the next episode of "The Carrie Diaries."
1. Mouse is very earnest about Aid for Africa and the accompanying "We Are the World" song. Kids, you should know that this was, back in the mid-80s, one of the biggest events in pop-culture history. The "We Are the World" video is probably on YouTube -- check it out!
2. One of the best lines in the episode refers to some dolls: "Don't worry about them. They're total pervs."
3. If you are sleeping in a strange bed and get up in the middle of the night in order to visit the bathroom, put on some clothes.
4. Those who cannot get into the VIP area of a party are "commoners." Carrie Bradshaw is no commoner. But is Sebastian?
5. You may have wondered about the true meaning behind the lyrics for "Like a Virgin." This episode provides some explanation for that.
"First Time for Everything" airs Monday, April 1 at 8pm on The CW.