'The Following': 10 spoilers from the intense, game-changing 'Sacrifice'Add to Favorites | The Following
"The Following" Season 2 has ramped up the intensity with each passing episode, but believe us when we say you haven't seen anything yet.
Monday (March 3) night's episode "Sacrifice" marks the halfway point of the sophomore season, and when the final moments air, nothing will ever be the same. Zap2it watched the episode early, and because we know how excruciating the wait can be in between episodes, here are 10 spoilers from the epic, intense, game-changing episode to hold you over until it airs:
10. Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) knows he went a little too far in the last episode, pummeling Luke (Sam Underwood) into a bloody mess. He makes a big, mature decision about his future right away ... but those plans change pretty quickly.
9. Thanks to Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) and Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon), Lily Grey (Connie Nielsen) has lost most of her psychopath family after carefully cultivating it for years. She's gone off the rails in grief, but the way in which she seeks revenge is not how you'd expect. It's even worse.
8. Ryan finally comes clean to Max (Jessica Stroup) about his revenge vendetta against Joe, and it will shine a whole new light on Ryan's life over the past year.
7. Unfortunately for both Ryan and Mike, Max gets kidnapped, forcing both of them to refocus their lives in order to find and save her.
6. While Ryan and Mike are working to save Max, Joe takes Emma (Valorie Curry) and Mandy (Tiffany Boone) to hide out in a militaristic, ritualistic cult. You though Joe's followers were a weird bunch? They've got nothing on this dangerous, bizarre new group. For once, Joe has no power, and it's strange to see him with absolutely no control over the situation.
5. In fact, one of the three -- Joe, Emma or Mandy -- might not make it through the hour alive.
4. We'll finally get a closer look at what Mike's been going through the past year, and it's worse than he's been letting on. "Sacrifice" is one of Ashmore's best episodes yet.
3. If you have a tattoo, this episode will be especially hard to watch. Sorry in advance.
2. Luke's beatdown in the last episode didn't affect his snark or attitude one bit. And Ryan is still not amused.
1. The final scene is so intense, so emotional and so devastating, that it's not an exaggeration to say that everything is going to change going forward. Spoiler! Just when you think everything's going to be okay, tragedy strikes. Have tissues at the ready, because you will be sobbing, guaranteed.
"The Following" airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on FOX.