'The Mindy Project' Season 2: 5 things to expect from the premiereAdd to Favorites | The Mindy Project
We didn't think it could get any better than James Franco guest-starring on "The Mindy Project," but we were wrong.
Thanks to the early release of the Season 2 premiere, we now know that we are about to get a showdown between Mindy Kaling's Dr. Lahiri and Franco's ex-model-turned-gynocologist Dr. Leotard. While we can't reveal why these two doctors are at odds, we can reveal that whoever thought Mindy was going to crash and burn in third world country style living, move to left please. Our favorite gyno with a new short 'do was absolutely crushing it down in Haiti with Pastor Casey (Anders Holm). She even discovered an ancient form of correspondence -- mail. Actual snail mail. On real stationary. Yeah, we were shocked, too.
Here are five other things to expect from the Season 2 premiere, "All My Problems Solved Forever":
1. The practice didn't waste any time replacing Mindy. Though since her replacement is Franco's Paul Leotard, it's kind of understandable. We'd hire him in a second, too. Even his sperm are perfect ... and yes, we can say that with complete confidence since you'll see his sperm (and they come with their own soundtrack). Thank goodness he moonlights as a sex therapist, because it looks like Danny's second try at a relationship with his ex-wife isn't going as well as Mindy assumed it would ... and Danny learns about a browser history in a public and embarrassing setting. Pro tip: never anger Chloe Sevigny.
2. Pastor Casey pops the question we've been waiting to hear for months, and Mindy takes it all in her unique way. But we and Mindy are left to wonder ... if someone proposes in a third world country and no one is around to vine it, did it really happen?
3. Jeremy used to be the hot doctor in the practice but he's not even the second or third hottest anymore ... he got fat. Extremely pudgy, beer belly and all. Why did he expand, width-wise? Since Mindy went to Haiti and Danny went to Jersey, Jeremy had to take on the role of managing partner and according to him, in times of extreme stress he turns to food.
4. There is nothing more magical than the look in a man's eyes when he sees his bride for the first time on their wedding day. Unless, of course, that man is peeing in the same bathroom his bride is getting ready in, and he accidentally pees on her wedding dress. That can't be a good omen for Casey and Mindy.
5. For all you Danny and Mindy shippers, there's a total "Notebook" moment in the premiere that has a certain something to do with letter writing that will give you hope that these two still have something more than friendship between them. That chemistry-filled moment in the season finale wasn't a fluke.
"The Mindy Project" Season 2 premiere is available to watch now, and officially premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 9:30 p.m. ET on Fox.