'The Office' hires Clark Duke, Christine Lahti signs on to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- The cast of "The Office" is undergoing a major shake-up this season, with the departures of Mindy Kaling and showrunner Paul Lieberstein and the decreased role of B.J. Novak. Now, "Greek" actor Clark Duke is in talks to sign on as a series regular. Duke would join the staff of Dunder Mifflin, though not much else is known about his character. [ TVLine]
- Christine Lahti is joining "Hawaii Five-0" as McGarrett's mother, who he previously thought was dead. Lahti will recur as Doris McGarrett during Season 3. [ Huffpost TV]
- After a car accident and a doctor scare, Lindsay Lohan has finally wrapped production on "Liz & Dick," her Lifetime movie about the romance between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. The wrap party was held on Lohan's 26th birthday, and the movie is scheduled to air in November. [ E! News]
- A&E is about to get a whole lot creepier. The network has ordered the "Psycho" prequel series "Bates Motel" from "Lost" EP Carlton Cuse and "Parenthood" producer/writer Kerry Ehrin. Although a pilot hasn't even been shot and no roles have been cast, 10 episodes of the show should be ready for air in 2013. [ Vulture]
- FOX has canceled "Take Me Out," pulling the low-rated dating show from its schedule and sticking it in the no man's land of Saturday nights. "Mobbed" will take its place. [ TV Guide]