'The Vampire Diaries' 100th episode: 10 spoilers from '500 Years of Solitude'
With a week standing in between us and "The Vampire Diaries" midseason return -- and the big milestone 100th episode -- we weren't sure we'd make it through the next seven days. And then The CW gifted us with the best present we could have ever hoped for: An advance copy of the big episode (thank you, screener gods).
After watching it more times than we'd care to admit, we decided to share the love. Here are 10 spoilers from "500 Years of Solitude" -- and obviously there's a big spoiler alert warning in here somewhere (oh yeah, the headline!) so stop reading if you don't want to know anything:
10. The episode is all about Katherine. We found out in the fall finale that our favorite vampire-turned-human was dying, and after her heart attack, it turns out she only has less than a day until her body fails. Yes, she's a survivor, but it looks like fate is finally catching up to her.
9. Katherine's impending death has the 500-year-old reminiscing about her life, and you know what that means: Flashbacks! But expect to see several new twists on an old memory.
8. Since Katherine has caused everyone on "TVD" a ton of pain and suffering and death, mostly everyone will be celebrating her limited time left. That means the obvious: Day drinking. Lots and lots of alcohol will be consumed.
7. Because of all that alcohol, secrets will come out, and the way that everyone deals with all the new info will surprise you.
6. Caroline "scandalous behavior" is ridiculously scandalous. In fact, that's the biggest understatement of the year. It will have fans simultaneously cheering and booing. So many mixed emotions. Expect things to get extremely complicated.
5. Some familiar faces, places, and things will return. We can't reveal any of them except for Stefan's least favorite safe -- you know, the one he spent all summer locked in?
4. There's one scene in particular that we ended up rewinding too many times because it's just so shocking, amazing, crazy, etc. Seriously, we're a little worried for the fandom when it finally airs. Have oxygen tanks on standby because hyperventilating is a serious side effect. We're also a little worried that Twitter might break. Sorry, Internet.
3. Okay, we lied: There are two scenes in particular that we ended up rewinding too many times. But the second one is less shocking and more heartbreakingly amazing. The tears are real, people.
2. Stefan shares some amazing scenes with both Katherine and Elena that should make both Steferine and Stelena fans happy.
1. The doppelgÃ¤nger prophecy/mythology comes back into play in a major way.
Okay, we couldn't leave it at just 10 spoilers, this episode is way too huge. Here's some bonus scoop for you (you're welcome):
- Look at how cozy Bonnie and Jeremy look on that couch in the photo above. It only gets better from there. That entire scene is just perfect in so many ways.
- Damon and Elena are both having an awful time dealing with their breakup, especially when the whole gang gets together and they come face to face. Expect their friends to get involved in major ways.
- Damon's ways of dealing with Katherine's impending death ... well, let's just say Damon's being his Damon-est.
- Nina Dobrev has been wowing us with her portrayal of three different characters this season, and this is one of her best episodes yet.
"The Vampire Diaries" 100th episode airs Thursday, Jan. 23 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.