'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4 details: Stefan will turn to Caroline when he needs a friendAdd to Favorites | The Vampire Diaries
1. The new hunter in town, Connor (Todd Williams) is downright terrifying... and he's got his eye on Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to be his partner as he digs into Mystic Falls' history. With Jeremy still fragile after his sister's "death" -- and Alaric's not-in-quotation-marks-actual-death -- this could be pretty bad news.
2. New alliances form when Meredith (Torrey DeVitto), Damon (Ian Somerhalder), and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) team up to find out what Connor is up to. According to The CW, "the conversation takes a lethal turn."
3. Elena (Nina Dobrev), whose temper has quickened because of her heightened vampire emotions, decides she wants to go to school for once, and she looks to high school enthusiasts Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) for a little support. Of course, having Rebekah (Claire Holt) back at school doesn't make it easy for Elena to hang onto her anger. Since, you know, Rebekah killed her. Rebekah might not have to be such a loner this year, though, because she finds a "friend" in April, Elena's old pal. (Friend-in-quotation-marks.)
4. Time for a ride. Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena hop on a motorcycle to get a bit of a thrill ride, but we're guessing things don't go too well there, because by the end of the episode, Stefan is turning to Caroline for a little advice... not only about Elena, but about his own emotions. We've been waiting for the show to revisit Stefan and Caroline's friendship since they grew close in Season 2, so with any luck, this will lead to a stronger connection moving forward.
5. And finally, best thing ever: "The Secret Circle" star Phoebe Tonkin joins the cast in this episode as Hayley, a super-hot werewolf girl who helped Tyler (Michael Trevino) manage his sire bond to Klaus. Suffice to say, Tyler left Hayley out of his story when he told Caroline about his time out in the mountains. We're sure that will go well.
The episode airs Thursday, Oct. 25 at 8 p.m. See ya there!