Tricia Helfer joins 'Community,' plus 'Happy Endings' and 'Nashville' castingAdd to Favorites | Community
That's a nice casting get, but it's who she's playing that should comfort Human Beings everywhere: According to TVLine, Helfer will play a rabid "Inspector Spacetime" fan whom Abed ( Danny Pudi) meets at a convention for the fake show.
The episode will also feature Matt Lucas ("Bridesmaids," "Little Britain") as a fellow fan.
Other TV casting news:
- Penny ( Casey Wilson) is getting a new guy on "Happy Endings." Nick Zano, late of "2 Broke Girls" and "90210," will appear in at least six episodes of the ABC comedy as a guy who helps Penny get over her feelings for Dave ( Zachary Knighton). [ Hollywood Reporter]
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley ("According to Jim") will recur on ABC's new drama "Nashville" as a former flame of Eric Close's character. It won't be a big commute for her: Williams-Paisley, who's married to country-music star Brad Paisley, lives in Music City. [ Deadline]
- Another new ABC drama, "666 Park Avenue," has added Tessa Thompson ("Veronica Mars," "Copper") as a recurring guest star, per Deadline. She'll play a media consultant who catches Henry's ( Dave Annable) eye and causes some friction in his relationship with his girlfriend, Jane ( Rachael Taylor).
- Mose Schrute lives! For at least one more episode, anyway. "Parks and Recreation" co-creator Mike Schur says he'll reprise his occasional role as Dwight's ( Rainn Wilson) cousin in an episode of "The Office" that will set up the Dwight-centered spinoff "The Farm" -- and jokes that he hopes it involves the Schrute family gathering for Mose's funeral. [ TVLine]
- Former "Desperate Housewives" regular Steven Culp will return to ABC with a recurring part on "Grey's Anatomy." He'll play a surgeon, but little else is known about his role at the moment. [ Deadline]