WWE's John Cena lands new movie, Dane Cook working on comedy specialAdd to Favorites | WWE Monday Night RAW
- WWE superstar John Cena will get a chance to turn heel with a new role Tiny Fey-Amy Poehler comedy, "The Nest." The movie centers on two sisters throwing one last raging party in their parents' house before it gets sold. Unlike his squeaky clean WWE character, Cena is expected to play a bad guy in the film. [ Deadline]
- Comedian Dane Cook will have a special on Showtime in the fall. That's the word from Cook himself, who announced the special on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Tuesday (July 1).
- Disney Channel has ordered a second season of its current No. 1 sitcom "I Didn't Do It," starring Olivia Holt, Austin north, Piper Curda, Peyton Clark and Sarah Gilman. The show debuted in January 2014.
- Two "Battlestar Galactica" alums have landed new gigs. James Callis will recur on El Rey Network's new spy/soccer drama "Matador," while Jamie Bamber will play a murder suspect in several episodes of "Rizzoli & Isles" on TNT.
[ Deadline, TVLine]
- Sara Rue will costar with Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land's new comedy pilot, "Impastor." Rosenbaum plays a man who tries to escape from his debts by pretending to be the new gay pastor hired at a small-town church, and Rue plays his town gossip assistant, Dora. [ Deadline]