'Vikings' Season 2 to set sail in February; Michael PeÃ±a joins FOX's 'Gracepoint'
- "Vikings" are set to pillage the new year. History has announced that Season 2 of their hit series will set sail on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 10 p.m. ET. The 10-episode season "brings crises of faith, of power, of relationships" now that Ragnar ( Travis Fimmel) has allied himself with King Horrik ( Donal Logue). As the logline reads: "Plots are hatched, scores are settled, blood is spilled ... all under the watchful eyes of the gods."
- "Gracepoint" has found its grieving father. The FOX remake of the British hit "Broadchurch" has added Michael PeÃ±a ("End of Watch") in the series regular role of Mark Lasseter, the father of the murdered 11-year-old boy at the center of the mystery. PeÃ±a joins a previously announced cast that includes David Tennant (who toplined "Broadchurch" as well), Anna Gunn, Jackie Weaver and Kevin Zegers. [ TVLine]
- FOX is hoping on the biblical miniseries train, putting "7 Deadly Sins" into development. The mini, from writer-director David Mamet, is being billed as a "limited drama series based on the seven deadly sins, which form the backdrop for a tapestry of interconnected stories about the human condition through David Mamet's unique lens." Naturally, the miniseries will be seven hours long. [ EW]
- Rhea Perlman is visiting "The Neighbors." The former "Cheers" star and current "Kirstie" actress will play Debbie Weaver's mother, Janet. This bad mom -- a hard-partying woman -- is now somewhat reformed and living in Florida. In addition to being sober, Janet has adopted a new kid! [ TVLine]
- Coming off his stint on "Scandal" -- which did not end well for his character -- Jack Coleman will next turn up on an episode of "CSI." The "Heroes" and "Office" alum will play a minister who is devastated by the death of his teenage daughter -- but who may turn out to be a suspect as well. [ TV Guide]
- "Community" regular and everywhere-else guest star Yvette Nicole Brown will do some (more) moonlighting on a forthcoming episode of "Melissa & Joey." She plays Melissa's ( Melissa Joan Hart) hairdresser, Calista, who becomes the subject of a spat between Mel and Joe ( Joseph Lawrence) after Calista gets into a fender-bender with him. [ TVLine]