'The Killing' final season gets a premiere date on Netflix; 'Sopranos' and more shows coming to AmazonAdd to Favorites | The Killing
- The final season of "The Killing" has a premiere date. The twice-canceled, twice-resurrected series will debut its six-episode fourth season Aug. 1 on Netflix, which revived it after AMC cut ties following Season 3. Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman will return as Seattle detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder.
- HBO has signed an exclusive multi-year deal with Amazon to bring older HBO shows to Amazon Prime. Completed shows shows like "The Sopranos," "The Wire," "Six Feet Under," "Eastbound & Down," "Big Love," "Flight of the Conchords," "John Adams," "Band of Brothers," "Enlightened" and "Family Tree," as well as early seasons of "Boardwalk Empire," "True Blood" and "Treme," will be available starting May 21. Past seasons of "The Newsroom," "Veep" and "Girls" will start streaming on Amazon Prime approximately three years after they air on HBO. The network confirms to Zap2it that "Game of Thrones" is not a part of the deal.
- A new season of "Food Network Star" is headed your way. The 10th installment of the competition series will debut at 9 p.m. ET/PT June 1. Judges Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay will return, as will the companion web show "Star Salvation" and audience voting for the winner.
- MTV's 2014 Video Music Awards are heading back to Southern California. The network announced that the awards show will air live at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif. on Aug. 24. This will be the first major awards show to take place at that venue. The announcement was made with a video unveiling the new location, which can be viewed below.
- The BBC miniseries adaptation of J.K. Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy" is now becoming an American co-production. HBO has joined as a co-producer for the three-hour series, which will begin shooting in South West England in the summer. This is Rowling's first novel to be adapted since the final "Harry Potter" movie was released. [ Deadline]