'Agents of SHIELD' doubles down on 'Captain America' episodes; watch the 'Silicon Valley' premiere onlineAdd to Favorites | Silicon Valley
- "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" is going to give viewers some catch-up time on April 15. ABC announced it will re-air the April 8 episode, "Turn, Turn, Turn," at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and then will air the week's new episode, "Providence," at 9 p.m. ET/PT. "Providence," which is episode 18 of the Marvel drama, introduces new guest stars Patton Oswalt and Adrian Pasdar. Both episodes act as sequels of sorts to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," which is currently in theaters.
- "Pretty Little Liars" has added a "Carrie Diaries" alum to its roster for the upcoming fifth season. Chloe Bridges, who played vixen Donna LaDonna on "Diaries," has been cast as Sydney, a new Rosewood High swim team member who befriends Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell). Season 5 premieres June 10 on ABC Family. [ THR]
- Starz has set a June 7 premiered date for its new series "Power," starring Omari Hardwick as a drug dealer and nightclub owner who wants to go fully legit. Its theme music will be a new song from executive producer Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson called "Big Rich Town," the video for which is below.
- "Under the Dome's" Samantha Mathis is coming to "Law & Order: SVU" in May. She will play a woman engaged in a bitter custody battle with her ex-husband who is accusing said ex of molesting their young daughter. [ TV Line]
- Production has started on the next Netflix original series. The Weinstein Company's "Marco Polo" is starting production in Italy, Kazakhstan and Pinewood Studios in Malaysia, as the show chronicles the explorer's journey in 13th-century China. Starring Lorenzo Richelmy as the titular character, the series is set to premiere on Netflix in late 2014.
- FOX has picked up a new game show called "Boom!," based on an Israeli show that challenges contestants to defuse (fake) bombs by answering trivia questions. Mutliple-choice answers to questions are represented by wires players must cut; if they're wrong, fake explosions everywhere. No word yet on a premiere date.
- The Who's Pete Townshend has written an original song for "The Americans" Season 2. "It Must Be Done," co-written with Nathan Barr, will premiere during the show's April 30 episode.
- The Weather Channel is back on DirecTV. As part of the deal for its return, the channel agrees to cut back on reality programming during the day and allow DirecTV users to stream content on multiple devices.