Disney renews 'Jessie' for Season 4; USA's 'Dig' adds 'Six Feet Under' starAdd to Favorites | Jessie
- Disney Channel has picked up a fourth season of "Jessie." The new season will begin airing in January 2015; Season 3, which includes an episode directed by star Debby Ryan, continues this summer.
- Former "Six Feet Under" star Lauren Ambrose has joined the cast of USA's miniseries "Dig." The thriller stars Jason Isaacs as an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jersusalem and uncovers a 2,000-year-old conspiracy. Ambrose will play a follower of a televangelist (David Costabile) who begins questioning her faith.
- The cast of Showtime's "Masters of Sex" continues to grow for Season 2. Courtney B. Vance ("Law & Order: Criminal Intent") will have a recurring part as the head of an African-American hospital in St. Louis who wants to integrate his facility. Rene Auberjonois ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," "Boston Legal") has a guest role as Dr. Papanikolau, a former professor of Dr. DePaul's (Julianne Nicholson) and the namesake of the Pap smear test.
- FOX will bring "Enlisted" back to your TV, however briefly. The critically loved but canceled comedy will return at 7 p.m. ET/PT Sunday, June 1, for a four-week run of its final episodes. [ TVLine]
- Barbara Walters went out on a ratings high note with her farewell from "The View." Friday's (May 16) show drew 5.2 million viewers, the show's biggest audience in nearly four years and fourth-highest in its entire run.
- E! has set a premiere date for Season 3 of "Total Divas." The show about a group of the WWE's female stars will return Sunday, Sept. 7; Season 2 has its finale on June 1.
- "Major Crimes," which is a spinoff of "The Closer," could launch its own spinoff later this season. The seventh episode of Season 3 will focus on Jon Tenney's FBI agent character and introduce a handful of new characters working alongside him. [ TVLine]
- FOX has announced the air date for the 2014 Teen Choice Awards. The annual celebration of the hottest teen icons in TV, film, music, sports, comedy, fashion and the web will air live Sunday, Aug. 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT from UCLA's Pauley Pavilion. Host(s), performers, presenters and nominees will be announced soon.
- The X-Men will reunite Thursday (May 22) prior to the Friday release of "X-Men: Days of Future Past." FX will marathon three "X-Men" movies, starting with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" at 4:30 p.m. ET/PT. "X-Men: The Last Stand" follows at 7:15 p.m., and "X-Men: First Class" airs at 10 p.m. Interspersed in the movie marathon will be interviews with "Days of Future Past" cast members Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Peter Dinklage. An exclusive clip from the new movie will also be shown.