Kevin Spacey sings barbershop on 'The Tonight Show'; 'True Blood' Season 7 adds 'Hawaii Five-0' alumAdd to Favorites | The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
TV news and notes:
- Kevin Spacey took "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" by storm when he decided to sing ragtime. Partnering with Jimmy Fallon and their barbershop quartet, the Ragtime Gals, the group sang Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty."
- Will Yun Lee ("Hawaii Five-0," "The Wolverine") has joined Season 7 of "True Blood" in a "major" recurring part. He'll play Mr. Gus, a Japanese businessman living in Texas who's out for revenge -- against whom remains to be seen. [ Deadline]
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr. died Friday (May 2) at the age of 95. Best known for his starring roles in "The FBI" and "77 Sunset Strip," the longtime actor also appeared in shows like "Remington Steele" (which starred his daughter, Stephanie Zimbalist) and provided voice work for animated series like "Batman: The Animated Series" (as Alfred) and "Spider-Man."
- HBO has picked up "Vice" for a third season, Vice CEO Shane Smith announced at the company's "newfront" presentation to media buyers on Friday (May 2). "HBO is going to give me s***" for making the announcement, Smith said, but a rep confirms the pickup. [ Ad Age]
- Ben Affleck's ban from the Hard Rock Casino for card-counting turns out to only be for the game of blackjack. The "Project Greenlight" producer was stopped at the high-rollers table on Tuesday (April 29) when security thought he was playing too well. Affleck has not commented on the situation.
- Lifetime has ordered an eight-episode competitive docu-series called "Child Genius." Based on the UK series, the show "centers on some of America's most extraordinary and gifted children and their families as they prepare for a national intelligence competition," and will shoot over the summer. The winning child will be named Child Genius 2014. "Child Genius" will premiere in late 2014. [ Deadline]